Who We Are
Our School at a Glance
The Chicago Virtual Charter School uses the K12 online curriculum to offer Chicago students in grades K–12 an exceptional learning experience. Combining traditional classroom instruction with the latest in individualized, online learning approaches, the Chicago Virtual Charter School and K12 provide the tools kids need to succeed—in school and beyond.
Here's why students and parents choose the Chicago Virtual Charter School:
- Our experienced, state-certified teachers, who are available online, by phone, and face-to-face.
- The exceptional, individualized K12 curriculum, which covers both the core subject areas and electives. Based on decades of education research, this curriculum packages high-quality lessons with mastery-based assessments that ensure students achieve success at each and every level.
- The online planning and assessment tools, resources, and hands-on materials ranging from textbooks to microscopes, rocks and dirt to beautifully illustrated classic children's stories, and much more.
- Our active, supportive school community, which organizes fun and informative activities where CVCS parents, students, and staff share their successes, helpful hints, and more.
- The high-quality, tuition-free online public education that enables a learning experience that is individualized for each child.